Days into weeks
There is so much to process about this move that I can’t keep up. All I can give you is fragments. It will take a while to figure out where things stand.
* Our furniture arrived Monday. There is far too much of it and we can barely move around our apartment. More things will be leaving soon, as soon as we figure out which things we want to lose
* Last night, AJ and I went up to the roof to see the 9/11 Memorial, two columns of blue light shooting from Ground Zero to the sky. I took a picture, but it doesn’t do it justice. It was very bright and beautiful and very moving.
* AJ seems to be liking his new school a lot and seems interested by the religious aspects of it, which are all new to him, having been raised by heathens as he was.
* We are all crabby from the chaos and lack of internet (which is a saga worth retailing if I can ever bear to do so). We hope both of these things will be amended on Saturday when we get serious.
* J0yce C@rol O@tes was in my office today. She was sitting in a chair in the conference room on my flloor. I passed by her on my way to meet Mr. Spy for lunch and thought, She doesn’t look like an insect as much as a shellless turtle.. And it’s true. She was signing copies of a new book for office staff. I was too disorganized to get there on time. It was interesting timing, though, as i just finished the first book of hers that I’ve ever managed to read from beginning to end (Mudwoman). I was tempted to grill her about gender issues, but thought better of it.