It’s time for …
It’s time for the (more or less) annual Thanksgiving Index. I am alarmed to discover that this is the ninth year I’ve posted about Thanksgiving, which means that my tenth anniversary as a blogger is coming up in June. Yikes.
It was a pretty subdued Thanksgiving for the Spy family this year. I was still recovering (and still am) from assorted ituses. Mrs. Spy senior was tired. But we were all happy to be together and I was really happy to be home with a few days off. I have worked straight through the last three weekends, so to have five days off in a row was incredibly lovely. I’m now actually looking forward to heading back to New York in the morning. Although I wish I weren’t leaving quite so early and am still trying to bring myself to set my alarm for 4:45 a.m.
But now, without further ado, here is
The Thanksgiving Index 2011
Number of hours spent watching parades: 3. I know. We were gluttons for punishment this year.
• Number of hours spent watching some Godfather movie or other: 2
• Number of people eating Thanksgiving dinner: 6
• Number of horses in the pasture outside: 5
• Weight of the turkey (unstuffed): 18.7 pounds
• Weight of turkey as percentage of AJ’s weight (figured out by AJ): 23.2%
• Number of sticks of butter used in the dinner: 3
• Number of attempts it took to get a decent batch of gravy: a triumphant 1!
• Number of containers of leftovers in the refrigerator: 11
• Ratio of pies desserts to people: 5:6
• Number of new dishes attempted: 1
• Number of new dishes that were unequivocal hits: 1
• Number of candles on display: 11
• Number of candles lit: 0
• Number of matchbooks in the house: 0
• Number of spilled wine glasses: 0
• Number of hours it took AJ to eat one piece of turkey: 1.5