Let’s see, where was I?
* Friday was one of those days where I was tired and overcaffeinated. Sleepy+jittery meant I spent the day dropping stuff and running into things.
* I did manage to get out and have lunch with Magpie. We walked to a gourmet sandwich shop halfway between our offices. It turned out not to have seats, but we took our sandwiches and sat on a leather sofa in the hotel that houses the shop. The lobby had hugely high ceilings and was very dark. There was a laptop bar and it was full of hipsters and cow skins. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t cool enough to be there. Even the dog snoozing next to me on the leather sofa was better dressed than I was. But our sandwiches were delicious and although I fear in my sleepiness I was not the best conversationalist, it was great to see her.
* On our way out, we passed men in front of Pakistani Consulate on their knees facing east on the sidewalk, their feet hanging off the curb. Mecca is apparently hidden behind a souvenir shop.
* Also on the way out, I learned my flight had been cancelled. Fortunately, I’d been rebooked on one leaving 45 minutes later. It’s annoying, but it’s always better to hear about these things before you get to the airport, right? Well, it would have been, except that the horrific weather in the Midwest (snow, ice, thunderstorms, tornadoes, locusts, flies, death of the first born) meant I was delayed even more. I was supposed to be home at 7:30. I got home at 11:30. On the plus side, I got a whole lot of proofreading done.
* Saturday, I stayed in my pajamas until noon.
* Sunday, I stayed in my pajamas until 11. And then I cleaned the house like crazy for a couple of showings in the afternoon. We took ourselves out to dinner while people looked over the house.
* And today it was back to work with a lot of projects humming and a house showing in the afternoon. I’m still working on one of those projects. It may be a long night. I’ll have to catch you up tomorrow.