Scenes from my week
* Best performance review ever. Seriously. It was embarrassing. And also a relief.
* Proposal I’ve been working on for a year got approved. Even better — getting to tell all the people working on it with me the good news.
* Home sick for two days — probably should have been three. But the bonus? Veronica Mars reruns at 5 pm. Yes I have seen every episode a bazillion times. No, I am not tired of watching them yet. Yes, I was an early contributor to the record-setting Kickstarter campaign. Yes, I’m a little embarrassed about that fact.
* Having excellent candidates for our summer intern position. Although horrified to find such talented unemployed people. And also not surprised.
* Gratitude for having such excellent people to work with and getting the chance to tell them so all official-like once a year.
* Hearing the peal of the carillon in the church outside my office window playing Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March” on a Thursday afternoon, as men in dark suits and women in colorful dresses spill onto the street
* Coming home and seeing a man in jogging clothes walking his dog toward the park, headphones in, dancing up the street, oblivious to anyone watching. Coming the other way, a young woman pushing a stroller is also dancing to entertain her toddler. When they meet mid-block, they smile and dance around each other on their respective ways.
* Sushi for dinner.