Things that happened today that I didn’t expect:
• An extended discussion of p0rnography at our monthly staff meeting
• Running into a co-worker I haven’t seen in a while in the elevator and discovering she’s pregnant
• Learning that one of my favorite co-workers is leaving (really good for him, very sad for us)
• An extended conversation with a new co-worker who reminds me so much of Julia that I feel a pathological need to introduce them to each other. Note that it is always a plus to work with someone who reminds you of Julia.
• Not one but two impromptu and productive meetings taking place today in the bathroom.
* Getting carded when going to a bar with a bunch of twentysomethings
* A screaming mob of runners sprinting down Fifth Avenue
• Coming home from an evening out with co-workers and NOT rehashing all the stupid things I said because for once, I didn’t feel like a total dork.