Still haven’t gotten over you yet
The Spy family has returned from vacation. Here are some things we learned (details forthcoming once I dig out of my inbox):
* AJ rocks. No really, he ROCKS. Humor me and listen to his band and tell me how awesome he is on lead guitar. Also, the band, made up of kids between the ages of 9 and 12, wrote these songs themselves.
* Sometimes vintage is code for “old” and possibly broken.
* Our apartment is about the same size and nice hotel rooms.
* The Baseball hall of fame is bigger and cooler than expected.
* The therapeutic powers of sitting by a lake are not to be underestimated.
* There is something to that mountain air thing.
* Playing “Dueling Banjos” on a mandolin while sitting on the porch of your cabin can make people nervous.
* Coyotes are LOUD.
* Swimming holes fed by mountain streams are COLD.
* If you find a wine store run by an Englishman with an Oxbridge accent and an enviable collection of classical and jazz on vinyl, buy whatever he tells you to. You won’t be sorry.
* Building a fire in a brisk wind is just as hard as it sounds, particularly when you can’t find the matches and are forced to set kindling ablaze at the stove and carry it outside.
*Crickets are an excellent sound.
* Brookyn looks better after time away.